- You have got a straight to have inaccurate information about your credit history corrected totally free
- Significant changes towards the given information which can be included in your credit file happened on 12 March 2014.
Can I have mistakes corrected within my credit history?
Yes. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) states that you’ve got the directly to get a modification on your own credit file for almost any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, unimportant or information that is misleading. This can be done totally free.
How to discover what is within my credit file?
Credit reporting bodies produce and hold credit file. Credit bodies that are reporting: Equifax (formerly Veda Advantage), Dun & Bradstreet and Experian Credit Services Australia.
You will find a true amount of approaches to uncover what is with in your credit history. You’ve got the right:
- To acquire a copy that is free of credit history. a credit scoring human body cannot fee with this, until you obtained a duplicate of one’s credit history from their website in the last one year;
- To have a free content of the credit file within 3 months of getting a credit card applicatoin for credit refused;
- The reason for a loan refusal to be informed by a credit provider. (more…)